Winterboard themes using Terminal
Posted by onlydarksets on September 30, 2008
I don’t have wifi at work, so I can’t SFTP into my iPhone to update the theme. My *nix skills are a bit rusty (has it changed since 1995?), so here’s my cheatsheet.
Of course, you must jailbreak first. Also, make sure you have terminal and curl installed.
- Upload the new icon file somewhere and note the URL
- Open Terminal
- Change to root user (“su root”)
- Navigate to Themes directory (“cd /Library/Themes”)
- Navigate to the folder you want to put the file into (“cd ODS.theme”)
- Use curl to download the file and save it locally (“curl http://www.place.com/file.png -o file.png”)