Unlocking the Mio c520
Posted by onlydarksets on September 7, 2007
- Download v6.2 (more stable than v7)
- Unzip to SD card (not MMC)
- Hard reboot Mio without SD card in
- Insert card, and it should boot up
- All system files can be found here (dedehavo post).
- Copy all utils and sysinfo to “Program Files” directory (not Windows) (dedehavo post).
- DLL listing (therock post).
- Specific DLLs
- gx.dll (Sundog post – it almost works)
- wininet.dll (lexab65 pos)
Tips and Tricks
- Use an SD card, not MMC (GunBlade post).
- May have to hard reset several times (AndrewR post).
- If you sync contacts via BT, delete Contacts.pcd to fix MioMap (dau0815 post).
- A hard reset without the SD card will revert unit back to OEM status (therock and Supremo posts).
- However, it may be possible to unlock without a SD card at all (harrygps post).